EXECUTIVE TEAM ASSISTANT / SUMMER INTERN
£16,500 per annum
Full time, permanent / temporary (dependent on applicant)
Closing date: Friday 5 July 2019
About the company:
As the voice of the home building industry, Homes for Scotland (www.homesforscotland.com) represents some 200 organisations which together provide the majority of all new housing built in Scotland.
Providing unique insight into both one of Scotland’s most dynamic industries and
a vital area of public policy, we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated individual to support our busy Membership and Communications team and undertake general office duties as required.
As a key member of our Executive Team and reporting to our Head of Public Affairs, responsibilities include:
- General office duties such as meeting room set-up and reception cover
- Database management
- Social media and website management
- Event management support including our annual conference, briefings and regional roadshows
- Communication tasks including newsletter collation and basic copywriting
- management of the membership process from enquiry to welcome
This is an ideal opportunity to gain valuable experience within a dynamic organisation which exists to ensure its members can deliver more of the housing required to meet the needs and aspirations of Scotland’a growing population.
- excellent organisational and written and verbal communication skills
- confident and friendly
- reliable, self-motivated with a ‘can do’ approach and prepared to take the initiative with a hands-on, flexible attitude
- ability to manage competing priorities.
- proficiency in Microsoft Office and digital savvy
- meticulous attention to detail
- eligible to work in the UK
Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 9am-5pm and Friday 9am-4.30pm. Other benefits include company pension and life and health insurance after probationary period.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter stating (a) your availability and (b) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec to Head of Public Affairs Jennifer Kennedy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Closing date: Friday 5 July, 4.30pm
Interview date: Thursday 11 July 2019