Our S6 Charity Committee have organised a dress down day for Friday the 12th of February – no need to wear school uniform! However, to take part you need to bring £1 with you to donate to our local charity raising money to help elderly people in our community who need a bit of extra support.
Thank you! The S6 Charity Committee.
This Friday, the 13th of November, is dress down Friday for Children in Need. Bring a pound and dress down or dress up! to help raise money for children in need across the UK.
To find out more about what’s going on across the UK check out Children in Need on Twitter here or tune in to BBC One on Friday night from 7.30pm-10pm
Students and staff from Tynecastle High School are gathering a collection to give to CalAid Scotland who arrange delivery of much needed donations to the refugees in Calais. All donations can be dropped off at the main office or handed in FAO Sam Clarke.
CalAid Edinburgh has drop off collection evenings on Tues and Thurs but the sooner these donations are received the better. CalAid are currently looking for:
- Men’s jackets, waterproofs, underwear, socks, belts and trousers (the ratio of men to women in camps is 10:1 and there are currently few children)
- Men’s shoes size EU7-9
- Men’s gloves, hats, scarves
- Tents, tarpaulins, sleeping bags, camp beds, sleeping mats, blankets and towels
- Candles, matches, torches, batteries
- Basic toiletries
- Dry, packaged and tinned food that is easily transportable (products that do not contain gelatine or pork are important)
- Books in varying languages, including French and English dictionaries
Please give what you can.