Technologies

Business and Computing ClassroomEmma Calderwood (Curricular Leader)

 

 

 

Home Learning March 2020

S1 Students

  • Create an account on MIT Scratch to allow you to create a game.
  • View the video tutorials on YouTube to create your Shark Attack game:
  • Shark Attack Tutorial 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmS7mXIFHKw

  • Shark Attack Tutorial 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzm37TRdr1o

  • Shark Attack Tutorial 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FH4ioe5TIQ

  • Shark Attack Tutorial 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaVhSNkG47g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYgQIbp7Asc

  • Shark Attack Tutorial 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWBbvNdhkpM&list=PLTd6ceoshpreousNDIYHLb8eLn9FS_e5J&index=8&t=0s

S2 Students

  • Complete the Techy Enterprise Challenge available via school website.

Click here to view task booklet.

 S2 iDEA Challenge 

Click here to view instructions.

S3 Admin & IT

  • Students should join the S3 Admin & IT iTunes U course. Enrolment code:  FNC-TSZ-PKL.  All work will be posted via this channel or via school e-mail.

S3 Business Management

  • Students should join the S3 Business iTunes U course. Enrolment code:  FBY-LCP-SDB.
  • All work will be posted via this channel or via school e-mail.

S3 Computing Science- Learning @ Home

S3 Computer Networks

  • Students should work on the S3 Computer Networks materials uploaded to OneDrive.
  • S3 Computer Network resources can be found on the School Website.
  • You should be planning to work on the S3 Computer Networks Topic next week and here is
    the schedule of work that you should have completed by now, together with work that you
    should complete over the coming 2 weeks before Easter break.
    • Friday 20th March – Network Basics Questions Completed and Marked using MS
    • Monday 23rd March – The Interet Questions Completed and Marked using MS
    • Wednesday 25th March – S3 Computing Science Networking Quiz 1
    taken: https://tinyurl.com/w3yvubz
    • Friday 27th March – Data Transmisson Questions Completed and Marked using MS
    • Monday 30th March – IP Addresses and DNS Questions Completed and Marked using
    MS
    • Wednesday 1st April – Packets and Routing Questions Completed and Marked using
    MS
    • Friday 3rd April – S3 Computing Science Networking Quiz 2 taken (I will email the URL
    closer to the time.
    If you have any questions to ask about the materials, then just email Mrs Holt and she will get back to you with support.

National Admin & IT

  • National 5 students have already completed SQA Assignment worth 58% of grade. The remaining part of the course for revision is Spreadsheets, Databases and Theory.  Students should focus on revision of Spreadsheets and Theory.
  • Students should join the National Administration & IT iTunes U course. Enrolment code:  FSH-SAE-CCA.
  • Students should start on the Spreadsheet work (working through from 1. Formatting to 5. Exam Practice)
  • Students should then begin answering the Theory Revision Questions on iTunesU under the Learning @ Home tab.

National Business Management

  • National 5 students have completed SQA Assignment worth 25% of grade. The remaining part of the course will account for 75%, and will be assessed in the final exam.
  • Students should join the National Business Manaement iTunesU course. Enrolment code: EHB-KAS-LYJ.
  • Students should focus on the People Topic Post and the Revision Topic Post. All work will be posted via this channel or via school e-mail.
  • There are a number of online video tutorials which can be used for revision available here:
  • BBC Bitesize has excellent revision materials which can be accessed here:

National Computing Science

  • National 5 students have completed SQA Assignment worth 31% of grade. The remaining part of the course will account for 69%, and will be assessed in the final exam.
  • Students should work on the revision materials and PPTs for all topics that they have uploaded to OneDrive.
  • Further revision for National 5 Computing Science can be found here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zfs3kqt
  • SQA Past Papers and Marking Instructions can be found here: https://www.sqa.org.uk/pastpapers/findpastpaper.htm?subject=Computing+Science&level=
  • (Note:- the N5 course was amended two years ago and so only the 2018 and 2019 papers will have full coverage of the current syllabus)

Higher Admin & IT

 

Higher Business Management

  • Higher students have completed SQA Assignment worth 25% of grade. The remaining part of the course will account for 75%, and will be assessed in the final exam.
  • Students should join the iTunesU course. Enrolment code: EAR-ELL-ZRJ.
  • All work will be posted via this channel or via school e-mail.
  • Students should focus on revision of Management of Finance and People. Materials needed are on iTunesU course.
  • BBC Bitesize has excellent revision materials which can be accessed here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zw26n39
  • SQA Past Papers and Marking Instructions can be found here: https://www.sqa.org.uk/pastpapers/findpastpaper.htm?subject=Business+Management&level=NH

Higher Computing Science

(Note:- the Higher course was amended last session and so only the 2019 paper will have full coverage of the current syllabus).

 

Use the links below to find out more information about Business Education and Computing Science.

Business Education
Computing Science

Senior Phase Course Information
Accounting National 5
Accounting Higher
Administration and IT National 4 and 5
Administration and IT Higher
Business Management National 4
Business Management National 5
Business Management Higher
Computing Science National 4 and 5
Computing Science Higher