Access Guidelines for Digital Learning
**At the moment all enquiries around digital learning at home must be made through email@example.com
- Office 365 is the online space we use for staff and learners in City of Edinburgh schools. Many students already access this space. The school website will let you know if learning materials should be accessed in this way.
- Office 365 can be accessed through a browser on any web-enabled device, and also through the various Microsoft apps like Teams, OneNote, Word etc. Students requiring access can log in through a browser using the link http://tinyurl.com/edin365
- Student login information is their Scottish Candidate Number (a nine-digit number provided by their school) and password, both provided by the school.
- Access through apps on mobile devices requires an additional login step at the beginning of the process which asks to sign in using ‘your work, school, or Microsoft account’. Learners should enter their ScottishCandidateNumber@ea.edin.sch.uk–e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org – then they will be asked to enter their Scottish Candidate Number and password in the usual way.
- Any issues regarding usernames and passwords should be directly to the school admin email address.
- As we actively encourage learners to engage with digital learning tools we would like to highlight the need to stay safe online. The Digital Learning Team website has a section for Parents/Carers. Here you will find a range of resources to support you in addressing online safety with your child.
- Learners can access a range of interactive resources within the Learners section of the website.
We appreciate that the current arrangements cannot provide you, and your child, with immediate contact or feedback from school staff. If you have any issue related to your child’s digital learning that you would like help with, please communicate this through your school admin email address – email@example.com