Students in S4, S5 and S6 should follow their timetable as far as possible using the usual platform (Office 365 – OneNote, Teams, iTunes U). Teachers will communicate directly with classes.
Student Curriculum Expectations by August
Please find the Student Expectations booklet below to support you in supporting your child to complete the required work by August. We thought it would be helpful to you to have an overview of what they should have covered.
Please also note the following:
- The booklet is for S4-6 who are feeling the pressure most and who have indicated that this would be useful.
- It would be helpful to look at this booklet alongside the blank timetable (click here).
- A copy of the booklet has also been emailed to your child.
- Teaching staff and Pupil Support Leaders are available now so please contact them, or ask your child to do so, if you have any questions or require any additional support.
- We are aware that quite a lot of senior phase students have let their teachers know that they plan to work and/or catch up over the summer. We are very happy that this is the case and all teachers will accept work over the holidays. However, teachers will not be expected to provide feedback until after schools return in August. Please reassure your child that the work will be looked at then.
- We are looking at this model of communication for our return, with a Student Expectation booklet being issued each term.
Thank you for your continued support.
Below is some general advice.
When studying it is important that you employ a range of study skills to ensure you spend your time effectively.
The following sites have some good advice:
Tynecastle High School Study Skills Advice https://tynecastlehighschool.org.uk/school-information/learning/study-skills/
BBC Bitesize https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zb7j382
SQA Past Papers
An excellent source of practice for studying at any time, the SQA has a range of past papers from previous years freely accessible on their website. You should also make use of the Marking Instructions to help you understand what is being looked for in your answers.
BBC Bitesize https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize
Free online study support resource to help with revision.
Go to the Secondary menu and choose the appropriate level from the Scotland list.
Many online courses at National 5, Higher and Advanced Higher levels.
To access SCHOLAR materials you will need your SCHOLAR username and password.
Collins Learning https://collins.co.uk/pages/scottish-curriculum-free-resources
Free resources and downloadable answers from HarperCollins Publishers Ltd.
Planning your Next Step
Plan It Plus https://www.planitplus.net/
Information and advice on Careers so you can plan your best next step of subjects and levels.