S3 (new S4) students will receive an email or communication from their new subject teachers this week. Look for communication from your teachers in Office 365.
Student Curriculum Expectations by August
Please find the Student Expectations booklet below to support you in supporting your child to complete the required work by August. We thought it would be helpful to you to have an overview of what they should have covered.
Please also note the following:
- The booklet is for S3-6 who are feeling the pressure most and who have indicated that this would be useful.
- It would be helpful to look at this booklet alongside the blank timetable (click here).
- A copy of the booklet has also been emailed to your child.
- Teaching staff and Pupil Support Leaders are available now so please contact them, or ask your child to do so, if you have any questions or require any additional support.
- We are aware that quite a lot of senior phase students have let their teachers know that they plan to work and/or catch up over the summer. We are very happy that this is the case and all teachers will accept work over the holidays. However, teachers will not be expected to provide feedback until after schools return in August. Please reassure your child that the work will be looked at then.
- We are looking at this model of communication for our return, with a Student Expectation booklet being issued each term.
Thank you for your continued support.
- Class teachers will plan learning opportunities, for their class, which can be carried out at home.
- This may take the form of a piece of work or activity which would cover several usual “lessons”.
- Learning will be shared with learners digitally through iTunesU or the Office 365 digital platforms.
- Where this is not available to students, resources will be sent home
- Activities will be updated, as deemed appropriate, by the class teacher.
Other information is found in the Senior Phase Learning@Home webpage.