Support if English is not your First Language
Here are some useful links for learning with your child:
- linguascope.com – a password has been emailed to your school email account
- Home learning ideas for EAL learners and families
- EAL Journal.org – with links to lots of resources for teachers and pupils
Support for Learning
If you have any questions or concerns about your child and any additional support for learning whilst learning at home, please contact Roni Cheung, our Support for Learning Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org
Audible is an excellent resource if your child finds it helpful to listen to stories rather than reading for the daily activity. These stories are free whilst schools are closed due to Covid-19.
A helpful website about supporting children with dyslexia is www.callscotland.org.uk. The webpage has information about what can help with Writing, Reading and Numeracy.
Support for Children with ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder)
Please see the section below for informtion, advice and guidance.
- Social Story for Coronavirus
- Hand Washing Sequence in Pictures
- Supporting Children with ASN during Covid Isolation
- School Closure Toolkit for children with ASN
Your Mental Health and Wellbeing
All of our lives are changing very quickly in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Change can feel scary, especially when we don’t know what’s coming next. It’s normal to feel worried or upset – but remember, you are not alone. Here are some useful organisations and helplines to support you through the coronavirus outbreak and beyond.
You can also follow our Tynecastle High School Mental Health and Wellbeing Twitter feed for information and resources: @THS_wellbeing
SHOUT! Crisis Text Line
- Confidential support by text, available 24hrs every day
- Young people: text P2Be to 85258 (free)
- Parents and carers: text Shout to 85258 (free)
Edinburgh Crisis Centre
- Phone 0808 801 0414 (free)
- Text 0797 4429 075
- Open 24 hrs every day
- Phone 0800 83 85 87 (free)
- Monday – Thursday 6pm-2am, Friday 6pm – Monday 6am
- Phone 116 123 (free)
- Email email@example.com
- 24 hrs every day
- Phone 0800 1111 (free)
- Currently 9am until midnight