Developing the Young Workforce are pleased to offer a ‘live’ virtual event informing secondary school pupils about careers in the Creative Industries.
- What: Virtual Creative Industries Insight Event
- When: Thursday 17th June 6.30pm – 7-30pm
- Who: S4 – S6 and Parents & Carers who want to learn more about the variety of careers in the Creative Industries
- Aim: Insight into a range of jobs in the Creative Industries
Did you know that there will be 15,800 job openings in the Creative Industries in Edinburgh between 2017 – 2027? DYW would like to invite pupils to join us for a 1 hour Creative Industries Career Insights Event to understand the variety of roles and opportunities available in Scotland’s thriving creative industries sector.
This event is ideal for anyone interested in Music, Art, Design, Performance, Drama, Film, Production and Events. There will be a panel of speakers from different sectors of the Creative Industries each taking us through their career journey and the opportunities available in their industry. Pupils and parents will have the opportunity to ask questions directly to the speakers to understand the variety of career paths available.
- Colin Marr, Theatre Director, Edinburgh Playhouse
- Roisin Kelly, Researcher, BBC Scotland
- Graeme Lea-Ross, Learning Officer, Edinburgh Fringe Festival
Kim-Marie Bryce, Interior Designer, Michael Laird Architects
Pupils and parents can register via Eventbrite here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/creative-industries-insight-event-tickets-157649346439