Skills Development Scotland offers careers advice, guidance and information to pupils in school, and to people of all ages in Scotland. Skills Development Scotland can offer free and impartial advice on education, training, careers and jobs.
Lyn Sutherland is the Careers Adviser for Tynecastle High School. Lyn is in school for interviews on Mondays and most Thursdays & holds a drop in for quick questions on Monday lunchtimes. Lyn can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 0131 718 2175 or Mobile: 07884116028
Our Careers Advisers offer pupils group sessions, drop-in lunchtime clinics and face-to-face coaching, where appropriate. This is supported by Scotland’s careers and information web service My World of Work (www.myworldofwork.co.uk).
My World of Work helps you with up-to-date information, advice and tools when you need it most:
- Subject choices – understand your strengths and make better choices about your subject choices and future career
- Leaving school – find a career that interests you and understand the skills you need to get the job you want
- Exam results – straight into a job or onto further learning? Whatever your grades find help in planning your next steps
- Preparing for a job – discover Scotland’s industries, search for jobs, build your CV and practice for interviews
- Modern Apprenticeships – why not earn as you learn. Find out what apprenticeships are available in Scotland and how they work
Parent or carer?
Use My World of Work to access reliable and accurate careers information and advice to help you to support the child in you life through those big career decisions.You can also meet with the school Careers Adviser at parent’s evenings
Careers Advice and support to access opportunities is also available from Skills Development Scotland for school leavers. We have a dedicated post school team to work with school leavers to help support them with their next steps.Your local Centre is at 79 Shandwick Place Edinburgh EH2 4SD. You can drop in between 9-5 Mon-Fri or phone 0131 718 2040 for an appointment.
myworldofwork.co.uk – for all your work, skills and learning needs
www.apprenticeships.scot – apprenticeship vacancies for young people to access across Scotland
SDS Edinburgh – our Facebook page offers information on events, vacancies and careers support
www.edinburghguarantee.org.uk – job, apprenticeship and training vacancies for school leavers in the Edinburgh area