Digital Skills for Learners (and Parents/Carers)
A selection of How-To videos are available in ClickView. Please Click/Tap on the following links, which will take you to a playlist of videos for each of the 6 topics.
- Getting Started with your iPad
- Personalising your iPad to support your learning
- Creating and Editing Photos on your iPad
- Creating and Editing Movies on your iPad
- Workflow and your iPad
- Class Notebook on your iPad
This video will guide you through accessing M365 from a web browser.
Edinburgh Learns Digital
A wealth of support, Digital Skills and information can be found on the Edinburgh Learns Digital Website.
Accessibility – Vital for some, Valuable for all.
Did you know that technology companies provide integrated accessibility features on a website, mobile application or electronic document which can be easily navigated and understood by a wide range of users.
This playlist of videos allows you to personalise your iPad using Accessibility features built into the iPad. Vital for some, but valuable for all learners.
Digital Health & Wellbeing
Here you can find a selection of recommended websites that provide up to date guidance and support materials for parents/carers related to online safety and cyber resilience. Click the links to visit the sites and browse through a range of support materials.
- Online Safety | Parent Club
- Homepage – UK Safer Internet Centre
- SWGfL – Safety & Security Online
- Childnet — Online safety for young people
- Internet Watch Foundation IWF – Eliminating Child Sexual Abuse Online | IWF
- Parent Factsheet
- Digital Safety – Digital Education Team
- Parent Zone – Parents’ area
- Digital learning, digital life and digital work | My child | Parent Zone (education.gov.scot)
- Swiggle.org.uk – Child Friendly Search Engine for Kids